Thursday, March 1, 2012

Palace Player Profile : Jermain Defoe : Thinks, drinks and eats football

"Some would say his obsession is bordering on unhealthy. But while some strikers go out on the pitch wondering where their next goal is coming from, Defoe is drowning in them". The striker decided this year to join Palace on loan for only 550.000 euros. He always is on top form when he's needed, especially when Schieber has an off day. His recent hattricks against Villa and Man U. added to his growing belief that he will find the net every time he goes on to the pitch.
Defoe says: "I hate losing. What is the point? If you don't want to win, don't compete." His single-minded determination in the face of adversity has left opposition defenders terrified. "I'm in the best form of my career. My confidence is sky high and I believe I am going to score every time I play." "But I have had to deal with a lot of personal heartache and that has driven me on as well." "I was devastated to lose my brother. The year before I lost my nan, who was like my second mum." "It's been extremely hard for the family during the summer. I said to my cousin, "Right, next season I want to want to make sure it's my year, because all the stuff we've been through as a family." "I don't take anything for granted. I'm fortunate but a day doesn't pass when I don't appreciate that." 
"But I'm always looking to improve. I live football. I obsess about it. "I haven't reached my peak, there is more to come from me."

No comments:

Post a Comment