Monday, September 13, 2010

Milan, Season 2010/11


Another great season for me at AC Milan, 73.68% victories, 18.42% draw, more precisely 91 points in 38 league matches. Amazing for my team is the amount of goals that the team scored in the last two years, 192, this represents an average 2,52 goals per game.

The main idea is the following, two years in Italy, 2 league trophies, I’m very happy, the board is very happy, everybody is happy.


Derby matches

Milan-Inter 2-1 (Dzeko, Lucio o.g.)

Inter-Milan 0-0

Milan-Juventus 1-0 (Ronaldinho)

Juventus-Milan 1-1 (Dzeko)

Milan-Roma 4-0 (Pato 2, Zapata, Pirlo)

Roma-Milan 2-2 (Dzeko, Pato)

Champions League. After a brilliant Season 2009/10, when I managed to beat Chelsea FC 2-1 in the final, my team and I, where finally one of the top favorites in the competition.

The group draw, assigned me less powerful opponents then last year, Benfica, Kobenhavn, Timisoara. Due to two unexpected defeats against Benfica and 12 points from the other group matches, I finished again second in the group, that led to a two legged draw against Real Madrid in the First Knockout Round.

Real Madrid tougher that Barcelona. I found myself these years in a similar situation like last year, playing against one of the giants of the world, Real Madrid. Against Barcelona I managed to control the game in an obvious manner, but against Real, I really struggled, managing to qualify on away goals, after a 0-0 draw home, and 1-1 on Bernabeu, thanks to the goal of Klass-Jan Huntelaar.

Italian Quarter-Final. In the next round I played Fiorentina, one of my great league rivals. After I was brutally stunned at home 2-1, and got my team motivated, and managed to turn around the tables, winning 2-0 (Pato, Gourcuff).

Semi-Final agony. No Champions League Final for AC Milan this year. Arsenal bunch of wonder kids took me off guard, and managed to knock me out, after a 2-0 British win at San Siro and only a 1-0 win provided by Dzeko on Emirates.

Season 2010/11 transfers

Big name transfers.

Rene Adler from Bayer Leverkusen arrived at the club for 26,000,000 euros, probably the best keeper in all the game. French super attacking playemaker Yoann Gourcuff also joined AC Milan for 20,000,000 euros from Bordeaux. The third final super transfer was the one from Udinese of Cristian Zapata, for 26,000,000 euros.

Great bunch of youngsters.

Neymar, from Santos, 22,500,000 euros, also Hector Rivero, full back, Leroy Fer, dutch ball winning midfielder from Feyernoor, Mustapha Meziane, as young lethal target man and finally, unknown Marco Verratti for 750,000 euros from Pescara.

Departures.

The most important name at the club that had to leave was Cristian Abbiati, who joined Bayern Munchen for 5,500,000 euros.


No comments:

Post a Comment