Saturday, September 11, 2010

AC Milan - Season 2009/10

Like a true football manager addict, as I know I am, something in my brain started to want more trophies, important trophies. In FM10, I played with Steaua, Benfica, Spartak Moscow, Brondby, Gateshead, Southend, Napoli, Monaco and Hamburg. All had extremely satisfying results, but none had the power to win the ultimate praise, the UEFA Champions League, so… I moved my attention towards the big powers of the world, Barcelona, Real, Chelsea, Manchester United, but my heart choused AC Milan.

I started with AC Milan, a team with only 28,000,000 euros available for transfers funds. I had an initial title challenge league objective established, but quickly changed the objective to league win.

The squad didn’t have good cover for all three major competitions, Serie A, Coppa Italia and Champions League. With no assurance in the net, just Dida and long term injured Abbiati, I moved my attention to Victor from Gremio, taking out of my pocket the 11,000,000 euros check.

I was very lucky to inherit a squad that had the perfect players for my 4-1-2-1-2 tactic. With a DM anchor man, Ambrosini, MC deep lying playmaker Pirlo, MC ball winning midfielder Gattuso and AM Ronaldinho advanced playmaker.

Up front, Pato and Inzaghi were ready to fight for the Poacher role, while Huntelaar and Borriello matched each other for the Target man place. But I wasn’t quite satisfied with Huntelaar’s ability, bringing Edin Dzeko from Wolfsburg for 25,000,000 euros.

In the January transfer period I completed my squad with full back Andreas Beck from Hoffenheim, Sami Khedira from Stuttgart and Mathias Jorgensen from Kobenhavn, but also letting Borriello, Kaladze, Jankulovski, Bonera and Abate leave the club.

So the season squad looked something like this:

Victor (Abbiati) – Beck (Oddo), Zambrotta, Nesta, Thiago Silva (Jorgensen) – Ambrosini (Khedira), Pirlo (Flamini), Gattuso, Ronaldinho (Seedorf), Pato (Inzaghi, Fernandez), Dzeko (Huntelaar).


*click on the images to enlarge

No comments:

Post a Comment